US Botanical Garden , Washington, DC, "Divine Seed: Plant myths from Around the World," 2008.
Australian Tour of Botanical Gardens , "Divine Seed: Plant myths from Around the World," 2008.
Ruskin Mill College , England, "Birds of Fortune: Blessing Stories From the Book of Nature," 2007.
Yellowstone National Park & Defenders of Wildlife , "The Mythic Wolf," 2007.
Sunbridge Waldorf College , New York, "Fairy Tales & Myths Across the Waldorf Curriculum", 2007.
Royal Botanical Gardens Edinburgh, Scotland, "Serpent's Pool & other Water Myths," 2006.
International Scottish Heritage Storytelling Festival , Scotland, "Secrets from the Dark Forest: World Tree Myths," 2004.
National Forest Service Conference of Landscape Architects and Planners ,
"Visible Distance: Landscape in the American Mind," 2001.
Return of the Salmon Festival , "Salmon Boy & Other Marine Myths," U.S. Forest Service & Fish & Wildlife, 2000,'97,'93,'92 & '91.
Portland Waldorf School Storytelling Festival , 2001 & 2000.
Teton Science School , Jackson Hole, "Water Myths," 2000.
Smithsonian Museum of Natural History ,
- "Pre-Hellenic Creation Myth & Labors of Heracles," '98.
- "Coyote Tales" - in collaboration with Native dancer, '97.
- "Tales of the Animal People" - with Robert Bateman paintings '87.
- "Great Plains Coyote Tales," - with Karl Bodmer paintings & "Vanishing Frontier"
Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History , "Water Myths," '99.
Oregon Symphony ,
- "Beethoven's Life" - Illustrated with 5th Symphony, '98.
- "Steinbeck's, The Red Pony" - Five two-minute vignettes interwoven with The Red Pony Suite by Aaron Coplin, '97.
- "Peter & the Wolf" - Narration, '96.
- "The Firebird" - Stravinsky's Firebird Suite interwoven with Russian Fairy Tale, "Prince
Ivan, The Wolf & The Firebird," '94.
- "Animal Tales" - True life & traditional tales w/ music, '98.
National Gallery of Art ,
- "Greek Myths", '86
- "Eastern Woodland Indian Myths," ('85)
National Wildflower Research Center , "Divine Seed: Plant myths from Around the World,"
Austin, TX, '98.
San Francisco Bay Area Storytelling Festival , '97.
New Jersey Audubon Migration Conference , "Language of the Birds", '97.
Vital Spark International Conference on Heritage Preservation, Scotland, "Impact of the Artistic: John Muir, Thomas Moran and the Effects of Artistic Works in Wild Lands Preservation." 2007.
International Congress of Botanical Gardens , Sydney, Australia, "Tree of A Thousand Whispers: How Plants Tell Stories," 2003.
Port Arthur International Heritage Site , Tasmania, Australia, 2008.
NAI National Pre-Conference Workshop , 2007 (most recent). Also, Reno, Anchorage, Santa Clara, St Paul, Denver & various regionals.
Vital Spark: International Conference on Heritage Preservation , Scotland, "Stealing the Storyteller's Fire: A Voice Workshop". 2007.
National Wildlife Art Museum , Jackson Hole, 2007.
University of Nevada , Reno, 2007.
Royal Botanic Garden Edinbough, Scotland, 2006 & 2003.
Cedar River Watershed , Seattle, "Stealing the Storyteller's Fire," 2005.
International Congress of Botanical Gardens , Australia, 2003.
UK Conference of Botanical Gardens , Glasgow, Scotland, 2003.
Scottish Natural Heritage Congress on Diversity , Scotland, 2003.
Monteray Bay Aquarium , California, 2004 & 1996.
Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area , Las Vegas, 2003.
Teton Science School , Jackson Hole, 2000, 2001 & 2002.
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE TRAININGS
Rocky Mt. Region
Mt. St. Helens (N. Forest)
National Capitol Region
Oregon State University , 2006 - present.
University of Idaho , affiliate faculty, 1989 - present.
Island Wood School in the Woods , Bainbridge, WA. Residency, 2005.
Artist-in-Schools Residencies . 1982- Current.
Eurythmy: Speech in Movement ,
- Fields School, Bend, OR. 1st & 2nd grade. Current.
- Waldorf School of Bend. K-7th grade, student assemblies and outreach presentations for parents. 1998 to 2005.
High Country School , Portland, OR. An academic traveling outdoor school. Taught Native American Literature, Environmental Issues, Creative and Expository Writing for high school and Elderhostel programs, 1979-1984.